(1) The captain gave the order to a________ the ship because it was sinking.
(2) Plants a________ carbon dioxide and give off oxygen.
(3) Tim was looking through an old photo a___________, with pictures of Christmas.
(4) I’m sorry about breaking the vase; it was an a________; I mean I did not intend to do it.
(5) I’ve opened an a_____________ with the Agricultural Bank of China.
(6) He works hard day in and day out; we are all a__________ about his safety.
(7) He has never achieved his a________________ (夙愿,目标) of becoming a famous writer.
(8) She was born without the a____________ (能力) to speak.
(9) Shelly speaks with a slight a_________ (口音).
(10) I’d _ it if you give me an early reply. (感激)
(1) I’d like to do more gardening, but I never seem __ to find the time.
A. about B. able C. active D. accurate
(2) Slavery was _ in the US in the 19th century, and slaves were given equal fights.
A. absorbed B. abused C. abolished D. adopted
(3) A billion people in the world will not have _ to clean drinking water.
A. action B. advance C. access D. agreement
(4) Dana admitted _ hurt by what I had said.
A. to feel B. felt C. having felt D. feeling
(5) I couldn’t __ the rent on my own; I want to find someone to share the room
A. aim B. allow C. afford D. advise
(6) The couple are unable to have children of their own, but hope to __ one
A. adapt B. adopt C. advertise D. acquire
(7) This book teaches you how to _ what is causing the stress in your life.
A. analyze B. affect C. advocate D. admire
(8) __ music, he also develops a strong love for painting.
A. Anything but B. All but C. Apart from D. In advance
(9) He is a man full of __. He dares to run risks.
A. adventure B. adolescence C. accommodation D. anniversary
(10) Max is hardworking, cheerful, and _ honest.
A. above all B. after all C. at all D. all in all
take action, be aimed at, be addicted to, adapt to, be against, agree with, be just about to, add up to, take advantage of, be accused of
(1) The children are finding it hard to the new school.
(2) The professor stealing his student’s ideas.
(3) The numbers exactly 100.
(4) Your story doesn’t what the police have told us.
(5) I the good weather to paint the door.
(6) The use of drugs the law; it’s illegal.
(7) These measures preventing violent crimes.
(8) We leave when Jerry arrived.
(9) The government must now to stop the rise in road accidents.
(10) Some kids surfing the Net; they often forget their schoolwork.
(1) Tom and was scolded by the manager. (缺席了会议) (absent)
(2) , Jason seemed to ignore what was happening outside. (全神贯注于工作中) (absorb)
(3) Only when you realize the importance of diligence, . (你才有可能达到目标) (achieve)
(4) With the price of goods going high, the living expenses
. (增加了人们的经济负担) (add to)
(5) I believe that through hard work, I . (我会被重点大学录取) （admit）
(6) We should make full use of time to . (把我们所学的东西用于实践) (apply)
(7) , I hope every family in the world can get together happily. (随着中秋节的来临) (approach)
(8) You should when causing trouble to others. (为所作的事道歉) (apologize)
(9) You shouldn’t have made him . (被如此小事所烦恼) (annoy)
(10) Students in our school good resources in the library. (有机会使用) (access)