如果有人说“moving the furniture”

If someone says they are ‘moving the furniture’ they really mean they are restructuring or changing the business.

如果有人说“moving the furniture”,他们的意思是要重组或改变公司结构。

And if they say ‘they have to let you go’, it means they are sacking you or in other words, ending your job.

如果他们说“they have to let you go”,意思是他们要解雇你,换句话说是停止你的工作。

Sacking you? Oh, that is serious. Denise, I’m really sorry to hear this.

解雇你?这是一件大事。丹尼斯,我很抱歉听到这个消息。

But why does Paul want to ‘move the furniture’ around?

但为什么保罗想要重组公司呢?

He says it’s because of the tough economic situation.

他说是因为艰难的经济处境。

My role is no longer needed.

不再需要我了。

Hey, that’s not true. You make a great cup of tea Denise.

这不是真的。你沏茶沏得很好,丹尼斯。

I’ve got a good mind to smash Paul’s bourbons into tiny crumbs. Grrr.

我好想把保罗的波旁威士忌碾碎。

Calm down Tom.

冷静,汤姆。

Now Denise, when did Paul say you had to go?

丹尼斯,保罗说你什么时候走了吗?

He’s given me seven days’ notice.

他给了我七天时间。

A ‘notice period’ is an amount of time an employer must give an employee if they plan to terminate their employment.

通知期,即老板解雇员工时给予他们的一段时间。

原创文章,作者:buffalo106,如若转载,请注明出处:http://www.buffalotone.com/?p=1927

发表评论

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

联系我们

400-800-8888

在线咨询:点击这里给我发消息

邮件:admin@example.com

工作时间:周一至周五,9:30-18:30,节假日休息