You can’t bend the rules just once?你就不能通融一次吗?

Lynette:This is all my fault. Why punish Parker?

这都是我的错,为什么要惩罚帕克?

Coach:Sorry, Mrs. Scavo. Rules are rules. I can’t put him back on the team.

对不起,斯加沃太太,无规矩不成方圆。我不能让他归队。

Lynette:Just one more game.He’ll suck, the other kids will taunt him, and he’ll wanna quit again.See, everybody wins.

再赛一次就行了。他会搞砸的。别的孩子会嘲笑他的。他就会想放弃了,这可是多赢啊。

Coach:I wish I could help, but…

真希望能帮到你

Lynette: Please? You can’t bend the rules just once?

求你了。你就不能通融一次吗?

Coach: Did you know the team could use some new batting helmets?

你知道吗,队里需要换新头盔了。

Lynette:Are you asking for a bribe?

你在索贿吗?

Coach:You pretending you’re above that?

你装什么清高啊?

Lynette:I’ll get my checkbook.

我去拿我的支票簿。

Tom:Well, aren’t we just the parents of the year? Sitting in the stands, waiting for our son to fail So we can weasel out of a bribery scandal.

我们是年度最佳父母。坐等儿子失败,所以我们就可以避开一次行贿丑闻了。

Lynette:Two bribery scandals. Gotta count the batting helmets.

两次行贿丑闻,得把头盔算上。

Umpire:Strike one!

一击不中。

Tom:You know, for what it’s worth, I don’t think you’re a quitter.

值得一提的是,我认为你不是一个半途而废的人。

Lynette:Good.And you don’t resent me?

很好。你不怨恨我吗?

Lynette:No.

不。

Lynette:Okay, well, maybe a little.

好吧,或许有一点。

Tom:Why?

为什么?

Lynette:You get to chase your dream while I get to spend the rest of my life in advertising.

你应该去追求你的梦想,而我应该把一生都献给广告业。

Umpire:Strike two!

二击不中。

Lynette:Maybe I’d like to write a book Or, you know, start my own magazine. And then I think, no, I can’t. I have a family to support, and I am okay with that… most of the time.

或许我想写本书,或是开创自己的杂志。我会想,不行啊,我有个家要养。我业很乐意就这样,大部分时候。

Tom:You know what? I’m gonna look into that job at Burnham Fox.

你知道吗,我会去伯恩汉.福克斯应聘的。

Lynette: Don’t you dare! You are gonna chase your dream, And I am gonna support you 99 % of the time.

你敢?你必须去追逐你的梦想,99%的时间我是会支持你的。

Tom:It’s all I could really ask for.

那我就别无所求了。

Lynette:How the hell did he do that?

他是怎么做到的?

Tom:Crap, they’re cheering for him.

糟了,他们在为他欢呼。

Lynette:Oh, he’s never gonna quit now!What are we gonna say to him?

天哪,他肯定永远都不想退出了。我们要怎么跟他说。

Crowd:Go, go, go, go!

加油,加油。

Tom:I don’t know, buddy. Looks like a pretty bad sprain. Probably gonna be out the rest of the season.

我不知道,伙计,看起来受伤非常严重。或许这季的比赛都不能参加了。

Lynette:Damn.Hey, but you know what? That was one heck of a hit.

惨了,可是你知道吗,刚可是鬼神附体的一击。

Parker:Sure was.

肯定是。

原创文章,作者:buffalo106,如若转载,请注明出处:http://www.buffalotone.com/?p=470

发表评论

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

联系我们

400-800-8888

在线咨询:点击这里给我发消息

邮件:admin@example.com

工作时间:周一至周五,9:30-18:30,节假日休息